Sunday, June 10, 2007

The no breakfast / I overslept ride, and making it up doing a 26.5 miler, with no sunscreen burn session!!




Yeah, yeah. Sorry cowbell I couldn't seem to get out of bed this morning. Couldv'e been those 312's or India pale ales i was puttin' down until the wee hours of the morning. I had envisioned a ride of beauty. Getting up at 6:45am hitting the open road no cars in sight. I envisioned a 2 hour cruise ( hey, I was giving myself plenty of time) in the early morning tailwinds and a smooth path. I have done it in a little over an hour but I wanted to just cruise.

Anyway I woke up a few times and clobbered the "snooz" button. Who is the jackass that decided "snoozing would be a good idea? I mean how many times do you hit the "snooz button" and actually end up sleeping until it is too late?

Well okay, back to the story. I finally woke up and was partially coherent by about 8:30am the ride is at 9:00 and it is at least a 30+ min. drive to the place, and bike needed to be loaded. I opted out I didn't want my buds waiting. I haven't seen Bob in 2 yrs but hey he knows where I live.


I called up Jaybone and he said he was in for an easy ride so we rode the loop that cowbell and I used to ride frequently. Most people will not ride this loop but CC was always up to it. Anyway we made it back sunburned and tired. It was worth it. Hope to get in some rides all week if the weather cooperates. later

1spd

No comments: