Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Fortified with Lemon-D


Had the lemon-d out for a few miles the past few nights. It is fast but, definately not as smooth as the trucker. The weather has been great for night rides. It is supposed to rain tonight so I may get a few miles in but not as many as i would have liked.



The "Shen Ride" is fast approaching and I am ready for it. Bring on the hills! I will bring my granny! This coming weekend is memorial day. Great a 3 day weekend! I hope to finally get to sleep in my tent. I know I had a pic posted from Gavins point in NE but the ranger made us take it down shortly after the pics. Here is how it went down.......


We went to " Wiegand Park" in Nebraska. It is on the Nebraska side of Gavins Point. Kurt and I went up to take there camper up to get a spot before the madness this weekend of trying to get a spot. So we drove three and a half hours up there took our tents. the plan was to crash in the tents and just leave the camper.


So after the tents were up for about 3hrs the jackass park ranger came over and asked us who was sleeping in the tents and we explained the situation. At first he was cool with the idea and was going to let us use the tents.


About 15 minutes later he comes back over and tells us we have to pay 15.00 per tent or take 'em down. He explains that there was some idiot across the way that had a camper and tent and he made them pay Because the tent had an adult in it making it a camping vehicle.


Not only that but the park was not very clean, there was shit on the bathroom walls, and the sites were pretty close together

NEBRASKA GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS !!!!!! Let people drink in your parks you may get more revenue. And don't count a tent as a camping vehicle. I have never had this problem in Iowa or South Dakota. So I think it would be a great idea to get a sixty person tent go to Ne and camp. For 15.00 of course Fuck 'em .



No comments: